Institute of Allied Health Sciences
The Institute of Allied Health Sciences (AIHS) is a public institution for training middle level technical health service provider in Tanzania. It is one of the Institutes of Muhimbili University of Health and Allied Sciences (MUHAS).
The Institute is situated within the premises of Muhimbili National Hospital (MNH). It conducts eight MUHAS University diploma and three Ministry of Health diploma and advanced diploma programmes in twelve schools; eight are in Muhimbili, two at KCMC, one in Mpwapwa and one in Tanga.
The Institute of Allied Health Sciences is in a position to provide in Tanzania a place of learning, research and service in technical health sciences that are based on curative, preventive, rehabilitative and restorative health care.
Available student training programmes:
i) University programmes:
- Advanced Diploma in Dermatovenereology (ADDV)
- Advanced Diploma in Medical Laboratory Sciences (ADMLS)
- Advanced Diploma in Nursing Education (ADNE)
- Diploma in Diagnostic Radiography (DDR)
- Diploma in Environmental Health Sciences (DEHS)
- Diploma in Medical Laboratory Sciences (DMLS)
- Diploma in Orthopaedic Technology (DOT)
- Diploma in Pharmaceutical Sciences (DPS)
ii) Ministry of Health programmes:
- Advanced Diploma in Clinical Dentistry (ADCD)
- Advanced Diploma in Midwifery (ADM)
- Diploma in Dental Laboratory Technology (DDLT)
- Diploma in Nursing.