Directorate of Planning and Development - Muhimbili Campus
The Directorate of Planning and Development was established in 2003. In 2005 the Directorate was split into two, establishing two directorates namely Directorate of Planning and Development for Muhimbili and Mloganzila Campus. The former has a corporate role at the University and has four areas of responsibilities: planning and development, laboratory services, students services and transport services.
Among other things the main focus of the Directorate is to develop and monitor implementation of MUHAS Strategic Plan, solicit resources for implementation of the same and to produce both quarterly and annual implementation reports of the strategic plan.
OBJECTIVE OF THE DIRECTORATE
The objective of the Directorate of Planning and Development Muhimbili campus is to ensure that the planned activities for the University are implemented as scheduled. Secondly, to assist in the co-ordination of the University’s operations so that they are consistent with the five year rolling strategic plan of the University.
STAFF PROFILE: Directorate has a workforce of Director, Principal Planning officer, Chief Technician, Manager Student Services Bureau, Transport Officer, Secretary and Messenger.
LOCATION: The directorate is currently housed in the new office block.
STRUCTURE AND ACTIVITIES OF THE DIRECTORATE
Presently the Directorate of Planning and Development has four main departments; Planning and Development, Laboratory Services, Student Services Bureau and Transport Services.
Planning and Development
The planning and development focuses on:
- Coordinating the Implementation of the University’s five - year rolling strategic plan and ten years corporate plan
- Assessing the achievement of the targeted indicators and establishing the impact of the Strategic Plan.
- Reviewing the process of preparing and implementing the Strategic Plan.
- Oversee all development activities of the University Preparation and Publication of the annual report and triennium report for the University
- Participates in the institutional annual budget preparation