MUHAS Policies and Plans Documents
In order to realize the vision and fulfill its mission, MUHAS shall be guided by the following values:
- Social responsibility, accountability and leadership in responding to issues and expectations of the society.
- Public accountability through transparent decision-making, open review, responsible and efficient use of resources.
- Institutional autonomy through self-governing structures and greater independence in action while being responsive to societal needs.
- Professional and ethical standards of the highest order, practiced through openness, honesty, tolerance and respect for the individual.
- Equity and social justice with regard to gender, religion, ethnicity and other social characteristics.
- Academic freedom in critical thought and enquiry as well as the open exchange of ideas and knowledge.
- Academic integrity and professional excellence in teaching, research and service provision.
- Nationalism and internationalism in scholarly activities of national and global concerns,
- Productivity, innovation and entrepreneurship in all activities of the University underpinned by a dedication to quality, efficiency and effectiveness.
- Human Resource of the highest quality capable of enhancing the realization of the vision and mission of the University.
- The right to enjoy intellectual, social, cultural and recreational opportunities, for students and staff.
Vision and Mission
A university excelling in quality training of health professionals, research and public services
with conducive learning and working environment.
To provide quality training, research and services in health and related fields for attainment of equitable socioeconomic
development for Tanzanian community and beyond.
Functions of the University
- To provide in Tanzania a place of learning, education, research in health sciences
- To prepare students through regular and professional courses in the fields of health and allied health sciences for degrees, diplomas, certificates and other awards
- To contribute to the intellectual life of Tanzania
- To be the main supplier of key policy makers, experts and personnel in the health sector.
- To be a catalyst in the health sector reforms through conducting relevant research and educating the public in health related issues
University Administration Structure
CPD - Continuing Professional Development unit
CSL - Clinical Skills Lab
CMS - Construction and Maintenance Section
CM - Contract Management
DCEPD - Directorate of Continuing Education and Professional Development
DLU - Distant Learning Unit
DQA - Directorate of Quality Assurance
ERU - External Relations Unit
HPE - Health Professions Education unit
HR - Human Resource
IRB - Institutional Review Board
IPU- Intellectual Property Unit
GEM - Grounds and Environmental Maintenance Section
GM- Grants Management
GS - Games and Sports
DPI - Directorate of Planning and Investments
MIIT - Medical Illustration and Instructional Technology
PA - Personal Assistant
PM - Property Management
BA - Buildings Assessment
VAS - Valuation and Appraisal Section
RD - Research Development
RDLR - Recruitment, Discipline and Labour Relations
SBWMR - Salary, Benefits, Welfare, Motivation and Retention
SSB - Students Services Bureau
SLU - Student Loans Unit
TPAPP - Training, Planning, Appraisal, Policy and Procedures