Student Administration at MUHAS
The office of the Dean of Students is responsible for the administration of student affairs, mainly personal and social welfare aspects of the students’ life. The following facilities are provided by this office; residence, games, sports, counseling and guidance.
Most of the student’s activities are organized by the student government (Muhimbili University of Health and Allied Sciences Students Organization - MUHASSO). The organization is concerned primarily with student’s academic, social and recreational activities.
Currently, there are professional associations such as:
- Tanzania Medical Students Association (TAMSA),
- Tanzania Pharmaceutical Students Association (TAPSA),
- Tanzania Dental Students Association (TADSA),
- University Nursing Students’ Association of Tanzania (UNSATA) and
- Tanzania Environmental Health Students Association (TEHSA).
Currently the enrolment stands at 1800 students but only 35% of them were accommodated in the halls of residence. However with the newly renovated Chole road hostel being operation about 62% of the enrolled students are accommodated in the halls/hostel of residence. Since there is still limited space for accommodation, the accommodation priorities is guided by the criteria that approved by the University Council from time to time.
For Academic Year 2016/2017 the rooms have been allocated to both Undergraduate and Postgraduate Students. Open the link below to see the allocation and importance notice about room allocation.
- Important Notice Regarding Room Allocation
- Rooms Allocation at MUHAS Hostels
- Room Alocation at New Bondeni Hostel
- Provide parental supervision and guidance in both academic and social aspects to students in their halls and hostels.
- Facilitate and assist in providing academic and counseling services.
- To oversee general cleanliness in the halls and hostels.
- To enable students create friendly atmosphere and discipline among each other.
- Report on maintenance works emanate from student halls/hostels to the estate department.
Games and Sports
In view of this context, engaging ourselves into sports activities would have a lot of advantages and greatly contribute to the betterment of academic performance since healthy mind develops into a healthy body. Sports are activities you do for pleasure using physical efforts or skills which are done in a specified area following set rules. Games are competitive sports or any activity which have rules and funny. These include Olympics Games, Commonwealth Games, East Africa Challenge Cup, World University Games (FISU), All Africa University Games (FASU), East African University Games (EAUG) and Tanzania Universities Sports Association (TUSA) Games. TUSA organizes sports competitions that among other things enhance sports competition standards, exchange academic experiences and socialization among students.
MUHAS is committed to offering safe and quality recreational programs, facilities, and services to students in order to foster personal growth and physical development. Promoting healthy lifestyles through games and sports in an environment that value, embrace, and enrich individual differences will consequently:
Special Events and Activities
- Minimize or eliminate the chances of getting HIV-AIDS
- Eliminate or reduce chances of misbehavior
- Create Friendship and Good relations
- Enhance academic excellence in the perfect learning environment through Sports journeys/trips.
Student Administration at MUHAS
Tanzania Medical Students Association (TAMSA),
Tanzania Pharmaceutical Students Association (TAPSA),
Tanzania Dental Students Association (TADSA),
University Nursing Students’ Association of Tanzania (UNSATA) and
Tanzania Environmental Health Students Association (TEHSA).