2 days ago
Be notified that 2018/2019 Graduated Students Certificates are ready, you can come to collect them from monday in DVC-ARC Office.
1 week ago
1 week ago
Uongozi wa Chuo Kikuu cha Afya na Sayansi Shirikishi Muhimbili (MUHAS) unapenda kusisitiza wito wa Mhe. Rais Jamhuri ya Muungano wa Tanzania Dkt. John Pombe Magufuli na Waziri wa Afya, Maendeleo ya Jamii, Jinsia, Wazee na Watoto wa kuchukua tahadhari na kujikinga na maambukizi ya ugonjwa unaosababishwa na virusi vya Corona (COVID - 19) ambao kwa sasa umedhibitishwa kuingia nchini Tanzania. Soma Zaidi.
2 weeks ago
Venue: Muhas Library, Dar es Salaam
Date: 27th April – 30th April 2020 (4 days)
Workshop Fee: TZS 350,000/=
AIM OF THE WORKSHOP:
The workshop intends to equip participants with current and relevant knowledge on Library Automation with KOHA Integrated Library Management System.
Some of the topics to be covered will include:
· Introduction to Library Automation
· KOHA Introduction & Features Overview
· Installation of KOHA on windows or Linux operating system
· Introduction and configuration of KOHA software
· Demonstration of all modules like:
1. Acquisitions, Cataloguing and OPAC
2. Patrons and Circulation Management
3. Serials Management
4. MARC Records and Import
features in KOHA etc.
2 weeks ago
Mkwawa University College of Education Faculty of Science welcoming a Call for Abstract on the First International Conference on Science and Technology.
THEME: "Science and Technology for Sustainability Development "
Date:4th-5th June 2020
Location:At Mkwawa University College of Education,Iringa Municipality(Southern Highlands,the United Republic of Tanzania)
2 weeks ago
Sickle Cell Programme is looking for a qualified individual to fill the post of Data Officer for a period of ONE year. The requested Data Officer will be a link between Data Coordinator and Data Clerk in SPARCO data management in general, specifically an implementer of all policies, SOP’s, data element and metadata analysis, lead clinics activities for data collection, preparation for analysis and documentation under data section. For the daily management of SPARCO data, he/she will be responsible to adhere with Health, Research, Advocacy and Training for the purpose of improving personal development as well as the programme goals.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Research Data Management
1. Conduct routine data collection, compilation, cleaning and processing for entry into the Redcap databases.
2. Audit, validate and upload data in the Redcap database using both Mobile App and Web based platforms.
3. Designing, improving and updating live data bases for long term data storage and back-ups.
4. Design and implementation of procedures for data cleaning, validation and integrity checking.
5. Implement all data management policies which include: data cleaning, validation and storage.
6. Perform and prepare data for statistical analysis and generate routine reports from clinical and laboratory surveillance and as required for clinical trial audits.
7. Extraction of data from various data sources in response to research needs.
8. Prepare daily and weekly reports.
9. Scanning and filling of records, archive systems in accordance to the project procedures.
Monitoring technical Skills
10. Be responsible for ensuring all documentation of procedures (SOPs) and actions in relation to data collection, management, extraction and analysis are followed and filed appropriately, and ensure that all other staff line managed by this position or who are conducting these activities have sufficient understanding and knowledge to conduct these activities appropriately.
Position Set Up
11. Act as a link between Data Coordinator and data clerk to establish new operation procedures.
12. Line-manage data clerks to ensure procedures are being followed and to ensure the collection of high quality accurate data.
13. Support the first line IT support person to ensure the correct implementation and maintenance of all Sickle Cell Programme hardware and network and access rights to database and shared file servers are maintained and meet changing requirements.
14. Assist Data Coordinator in recruiting and mentoring data staff, performing appraisals, and coordinating training.
Any other duties assigned by Supervisor.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
· Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, health, IT or related discipline from recognized University
· Data analysis skills and knowledge (experience working with data tools such as Excel, R, SPSS, PLINK, Google sheets etc.
· Ability to work with database software such as MYSQL, MYSQL WORKBENCH etc.
· Experience working with Google Apps to automate processes.
· Data Management and Operational support skills.
· At least one-year experience in data entry/data management.
· Experience working within a fast-paced environment.
· Solid written and oral communication skills.
· Analytical thinking and critical analysis skills.
· Ability to quickly troubleshoot problems.
to explain data to non-technical users, and ability to explain needs in
technical terms with Data Coordinator and Data Manager of the programme.
This position will be on full time basis for ONE Year with annual review of performance. Applicants should send their CV’s, scanned copies of transcripts/certificates and a cover letter outlining their suitability as per the job description to: email@example.com by 16:30 PM on Friday, 20 March 2020. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview.
2 weeks ago
Serikali kupitia wizara ya Afya,Maendeleo ya Jamii,Jinsia ,Wazee na Watoto imetoa ufadhili kwa wanafunzi mia moja na hamsini na tisa (159) waliochaguliwa kujiunga na chuo kwa ajili ya masomo ya shahada mbalimbali za uzamili (Master) katika sekta ya afya. Ufadhili huu kwa wanafunzi walioanza mwaka wa kwanza wa masomo 2019/2020 utagharamia fedha zitakiwazo chuoni.Tafadhali Bonyeza hapa kusoma zaidi.
2 weeks ago
Sickle Cell Programme is looking for a qualified Individual to fill the post of Data Coordinator of the SPARCO project for a period of ONE year. The requested Data Coordinator will be a link between SPARCO Data Manager and Site Data Coordinators in management of the research data of all projects in the project, an implementer of all policies, SOP’s, data element and metadata analysis, lead clinics activities for data collection, preparation for analysis and documentation under data workgroup ,he/she will be responsible to adhere with Health, Research, Advocacy and Training for the purpose of improving personal development as well as the project goals.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
1. B.Sc. /BA, preferably M.Sc. in Computer Science, Biostatistics or related discipline.
2. 1 -2 years’ experience in similar position preferably in a health related project.
3. Excellent communication and conversant with computer application.
4. Data monitoring and evaluation experience: cleaning experience, thorough understanding of SQL and relational databases and experience with MySQL RDBMS.
5. Experience in networks and hardware administration, hardware support and ability to troubleshoot and identify hardware and network problems.
6. Knowledge of REDCap will be an added advantage.
This position will be on full time basis for ONE Year
with annual review of performance. Applicants should send their CV’s, scanned copies of
transcripts/certificates and a cover letter outlining their suitability as per
the job description to: firstname.lastname@example.org
by 16:30 PM on Friday, 20th March 2020.Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for
1 month ago
All researchers should be familiar with the core norms, principles, regulations and rules governing the practice of research at MUHAS and globally.
This course will create awareness and stimulate application of professional norms and ethical principles in our daily planning and implementation of scientific research
To educate faculty and students on topics that help to prevent research misconduct and maintain the integrity of research at MUHAS
COURSE COMPETECIES: At the end of this course it is expected that the participants will be able to:
• Apply local culture free values in the interpretation of responsible research constructs that are shared by researchers across the globe
1 month ago
This is to inform you that Venue for Research and Carrier Development meeting for MUHAS Faculty has been shifted to MPL Board Room. Date and Time for this meeting remain the same (Tuesday, 25th February, 2020 from 11.00 am to 12.30 pm).
You are all invited to attend this meeting as planned.
1 month ago
Applications are invited for small research fellowships from the Sickle Pan-African Research Consortium (SPARCO), Muhimbili University of Health and Allied Sciences (MUHAS), a project supported by the National Heart, Lung and Blood Institute (NHLBI), part of the US National Institutes of Health.
The overall aim of SPARCO is to build capacity in sickle cell disease research in project sites in Tanzania, Ghana and Nigeria.
SPARCO invites proposals from candidates who are currently enrolled in postgraduate programmes any public or private higher learning institutions OR faculty working in such institutions for one-year research fellowships that will contribute knowledge on SCD.
1 month ago
Strong mentorship has been linked to improved outcomes for trainees, including productivity, fulfillment, and career path success.
To capitalize on the value of mentorship in guiding students to reach their full academic and research potential, mentors and mentees
alike need to become familiar with mentoring skills, frameworks and strategies and develop the confidence to apply these in their PCOR context.
2 months ago
Applications are invited for three full-time research fellowship positions for a period of 1 year. The position is part of the project “Patient-Centered Outcomes Research (PCOR)” targeting research questions on measuring and improving patient-reported outcomes (PROs) such as quality of life, functional status, symptoms, self-management and empowerment, treatment satisfaction and experiential quality in Tanzania.
2 months ago
Applications are invited for one (1) Masters training position within the Patient-Centered Outcomes Research (PCOR) program focusing on improving capacity in methods such as: 1. Measuring and improving patient-reported outcomes (PROs), for example quality of life, functional status, self-management and empowerment: 2. Experiential quality of services in HIV-infected individuals in Tanzania and: 3. Patient and community engagement in the research process. The position is part of the NIH-funded PCOR project that is implemented by MUHAS in collaboration with Northwestern University (NU) of Chicago, Illinois (USA). The project is expected to run from 2019 to 2024. The training program (total 2 years) includes a one-year Masters training program offered through Northwestern University in Chicago and a second year of funded mentored research at MUHAS. The Master’s program at NU delivers instruction through a combination of asynchronous online modules and activities, synchronous live online class meetings which will be done in Tanzania and one week in-person intensive instruction at Northwestern offered four times a year. Once a year the Masters candidate will be expected to spend a full semester (12 weeks) at NU where they will take two additional PCOR courses not offered online. Trainees will be expected to conduct and complete their mentored research in Tanzania by the end of the following (second) year.
The recruited Masters candidate will be expected to enroll at NU and attend all online courses and in person instruction, meet regularly with his/her mentors (virtually or in person as appropriate) at Northwestern University and MUHAS and complete his/her mentored research within the two-year training period. The candidate will receive funding for travel to Northwestern, accommodation and a stipend while attending the five-day intensives and 1 semester at NU, a seed award to fund research, and travel support to attend international and/or regional conferences.
2 months ago
Applications are invited from the public for postgraduate degree studies at the Muhimbili University of Health and Allied Sciences.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: All applications shall be processed and submitted online through a portal accessible on MUHAS website or visit (https://saris2.muhas.ac.tz/PGOAS). Applications submitted in hard copies shall not be processed.
APPLICATION FEE: Application fee is Tshs 100,000/= for Tanzanian applicants and US$ 50 for foreign applicants paid to the University. This can be paid via Mobile Money (for local applicants, as per instructions on the application portal) or directly to MUHAS NBC Bank Account (for foreign applicants). The NBC bank accounts details for use by foreign applicants is;
NBC Samora Branch Bank Account Number 012105003582
SWIFT NO. SAMORA BRANCH NLCBTZTXXXXX
ATTACHMENTS: Applicants shall be required to upload and submit scanned copies of the following documents;
1. An up-to-date detailed curriculum vitae. 2. Copies of ordinary level secondary education, advanced level secondary education and undergraduate certificates and academic transcripts. MSc Super-specialization applicants must also provide Master of Medicine (MMed) certificates and academic transcripts. 3. Internship certificate (MUST be provided as appropriate). 4. Birth certificate. 5. A letter from the employer showing readiness to release you for studies. 6. For foreign applicants; receipt of payment of application fee.
Successful applicants shall be required to submit original copies of certificates and transcripts for verification at the time of admission.
DEADLINE: Deadline for submitting applications is Tuesday 31st March, 2020.
Please Click here for more information
5 months ago
In this program, participants will
• Develop the leadership, communication, and negotiation skills leaders need to drive change and advance public policy solutions
• Discover the best available data on the causes, consequences, and solutions to global population health concerns
• Engage with public health leaders from around the world to share best practices and support their ongoing professional development
5 months ago
Muhimbili University of Health and Allied Science (MUHAS) through the Directorate of Research and Publication (DRP) with the support of Swedish International Development Cooperation Agency (Sida) grant, wishes to announce a call for submission of research proposals to be considered for funding for One Year starting from January, 2020. Small grants for junior faculty scheme aim to fund small-scale research projects to enable junior/mid-level MUHAS faculty to develop and conduct their independent research. The application process will provide an experience of the grant application process required by external grant agencies.
6 months ago
Important Announcement to students admitted to various undergrate degree programs for academic year 2019/2020
This is to inform you that, a comprehensive list of selected students in ALL ROUNDS is available at the University Website through the following address: www.muhas.ac.tz
Selected students are requested to collect Joining Instructions and Admission letters in person at MUHAS admissions office (please come with any Identity Card or Form Four certificate). Please note that, admission letters will NOT be issued to a friend or relative. For those from upcountry, original admission letter will be issued upon arrival, but you may download other admission documents such as joining instructions, fee structure and medical examination form from the University website: www.muhas.ac.tz
Prospective students are required to report for orientation and registration week which begins on 28th October, 2019. You are expected to register within two weeks from the first day of orientation week which starts on 28th October, 2019, failure to do so, your chance will be cancelled and offered to another candidate in need. The deadline for registration is strictly on Friday, 8th November, 2019 after which NO candidate reporting will be accepted.
Please note that registration is subject to payment of the requisite university fees (Full amount or at least half of the total University cost) or provision of documentary evidence of having a reliable sponsor. A prospective admitted student will cease to be a bona fide student if he/she fails to register within the given registration period of time. All payments must be done through control number which is generated through an individual account (Students Information Management System) students will be assisted to generate invoices and control number upon arrival.
Please click list of selected students 2019 all rounds to view the list of selected students in ALL ROUNDS
1 year ago
DOKEZO NA. 1 - 2018
KUTOKA: Makamu Mkuu wa Chuo
KWENDA: 1. Manaibu Wakuu wa Makamu Mkuu wa Chuo, 2. Wakuu wa Skuli na Kurugenzi, 3. Wakuu wa Idara
TAREHE: 5 Disemba, 2018
YAH: UTARATIBU WA KUSHUGHULIKIA MAOMBI MBALIMBALI YA KUSAFIRI NJE YA NCHI
Tafadhali rejea kichwa cha habari hapo juu.
Hii ni kuwafahamisha kuwa tumepokea barua kutoka Wizara ya Elimu, Sayansi na Teknolojia kuhusiana na ushughulikiaji wa maombi ya kusafiri nje ya
nchi ambayo yanafanyika kwa njia ya mtandao ( Online Application). Imeelezwa kuwa pamoja na ufanisi uliopatikana kwenye matumizi ya mfumo huo,
bado zimeendelea kuibuka changamoto mbalimbali kwa waombaji ambazo ni:-
Imeelezwa kuwa Changamoto hizi zimekuwa zikichelewesha uidhinishaji wa maombi ya vibali vya safari au kutoidhinishwa kabisa na mamlaka husika. Hivyo
basi ili kuendelea kutumia huduma hii kwa ufanisi zaidi imeagizwa kama ifuatavyo:-
Imesisitizwa kuwa kwa kuzingatia maslahi mapana ya Taifa hasa katika kudhibiti matumizi ya Serikali, fedha za miradi zinazotumika kwa safari za nje
ambazo ni za mkopo na serikali itakuja kulipa hivyo ni vyema zikatumika kwa safari muhimu tu.
Kwa Dokezo hili mnatakiwa kuzingatia maagizo ya Serikali na kuwafahamisha wafanyakazi walio chini ya Skuli/Kurugenzi na Idara kuwasilisha
maombi yao kabla ya siku 28 Wizarani na siku 14 kwa Katibu Mkuu Kiongozi kabla ya safari husika.
Nawatakia utekelezaji mwema.
Prof. Andrea B. Pembe
MAKAMU MKUU WA CHUO
1 year ago
1 year ago
Muhimbili University of Health And Allied Sciences (MUHAS) notifies the general public that effective from October 2018, all payments to the University are done electronically through the established Government Electronic Payment Gateway (GePG). Students are urged to use the Student Information Management System (SARIS2) to access or inquire for a control number that can be used to make various payments to the University.
2 years ago
P.O. Box 65001, Dar es Salaam ,
Muhimbili University of Health and Allied Sciences
Fax : 255-022-2150465,
Phone : +255 0222151596
Email : email@example.com Website : https://www.muhas.ac.tz
© 2018 Muhimbili University of Health and Allied Sciences. All Rights Reserved. SiteMap Disclaimer